As part of the team of specialists, the Lending Advisor is credit specialist who provides flexibility for our most complex clients' tailored banking and credit solutions.
· Develop creative, innovative solutions to new client financings or restructurings within acceptable credit/risk parameters.
· Participate in credit approval process:
o Create credit approval memos/restructure memos
o Direct analysis, due diligence and credit presentations
o Approve credit transactions within authority
o Recommend risk ratings
o Recommend and review documentation and pricing
· Support business development and revenue growth of loan book by:
o Participate in the credit marketing efforts for the local market teams
o Understanding the capital structure of existing clients and prospects and advising same
o Being attentive to identifying new business opportunities/asking for referrals
o Originate credit leads from existing clients and prospects and participate in new marketing initiatives
· Balance objectives of client, new business generation and risk management
· Underwrite and execute both loan and derivative structures (with credit risk therein)
· Demonstrate credit/ risk management discipline:
o Monitor portfolio risk
o Change debt structure/risk ratings in response to changes in risk
o Proactively work to improve portfolio quality and prevent loss
· Works with Banker on sophisticated credit needs for client penetration and cross selling
· Support coordination of sales effort with Investors, Fiduciary Administrators and Wealth Advisors
· Degree holder or above
· 5+ years experience with bank loan, mortgage, loan, credit and derivative products
· Experience with banking concepts including, but not limited to: investment real estate loans, concentrated collateral loans, aircraft lending, commercial real estate and bridge loans
· Knowledge of account maintenance procedures, loan closing procedures, credit administration and compliance procedures
· High level of analytical skills, including financial analysis
· Ability to identify and analyze credit opportunities and the attendant credit risks
· Familiarity with credit documentation
· Ability to maintain a balance between marketing and credit risk roles
· Solid understanding of credit and derivatives transactions
· Experience in structuring complex transactions
· Completion of formal credit training program
· Written and spoken fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
About Us: J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team: J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management solutions. Our Wealth Management division helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals. Our Wealth Management teams develop deep, personal relationships with clients to provide goals-based financial planning advice and to deliver sophisticated products and solutions to meet their generational wealth management needs. Using the latest technology and the resources of the entire firm, Wealth Management directly serves clients through the J.P. Morgan Private Bank globally and J.P. Morgan Securities in the US.