Secondary English Teacher (to G12)
Start Date: 18th January 2021 (must be in Hong Kong at least 2 weeks prior)
Location: Hong Kong
Region: Far East and South East Asia
School Curriculum: Australian NSW / IB
Experience: 2 years
School Overview: Situated in Kowloon, this is a non-profit, coeducational day school for students from Reception to Year 12. Founded in 1995, the school now welcomes more than 1,100 students. Operating on an Australian school year (late January to mid-December), this is the only school in Hong Kong to utilise the Australian curriculum. Primary students study the Australian national curriculum and Years 7-10 students study the NSW curriculum, with school based examinations and assessments at the end of Year 10. The school offers senior secondary students (Year 11 and Year 12) the option to undertake either the NSW Higher School Certificate or the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP), creating a seamless transition to all universities in Australia and around the world. The school's wellbeing program complements the school's rigorous academic focus while enabling students to develop personality and character, celebrate excellence, develop confidence, and maintain genuine and meaningful friendships. The school is well resourced and housed in a purpose built campus, with air-conditioned classrooms, pool, gymnasiums and a playing field. An exciting program for students allows for overseas travel and community outreach.
Location Overview: Hong Kong Island itself, with its world-famous skyline, is the canter of this archipelago set in the South China Sea, just off the mainland. Ancient and modern attractions are crammed into Hong Kong Island - Hong Kong Disneyland contrasts with museums displaying the fabulous artefacts of Imperial China, Buddhist temples, vast colonial buildings, and traditional markets. The city is famed for its seafood, Cantonese, and international cuisine, and its amazing shopping opportunities. Soaring Victoria Peak is still a favourite spot for its magnificent views across the iconic harbour to Kowloon.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience
- This school places great importance on recruiting and retaining high-calibre and well qualified teaching staff from Australia and around the world.
- Applicants must be successful, qualified and practising teachers, able to teach the NSW curriculum, experience of IBDP is also welcome.
- Applicants must have highly developed ICT skills and an ability to use technology as an integral part of teaching and learning.
- Applicants must have experience of teaching students from diverse backgrounds and have experience in planning and delivering programs which are inclusive of second language learners.
- Applicants must reflect positivity, demonstrate a growth mindset and contribute to the school's ethos and community life.
- Salary for teachers ranges from HK$520,892 to HK$902,995 (inclusive of housing allowance);
- A gratuity sum equivalent to 21% of the gross salary is paid at the end of each fixed-term contract, ranging from HK$109,387 to HK$189,629
- Teachers taking on positions of leadership are eligible for an additional monetary allowance and/or allocated time release, depending on the responsibilities being undertaken
- Reimbursement for relocation costs of HK$25,000, more for families (if applying from outside of Hong Kong).
- Tuition fees will be discounted according to the following schedule: 65% for the first child, 75% for the second and subsequent children
- 2 year contract
121 teaching experience
BA Hons (QTS),BEd,BSc Hons (QTS)